Ennis, MT Fishing Guide Rates & Info
FWO Montana Fishing Rates
We offer three basic types of fishing trips in Ennis, MT. These include Full Day Floats, Half Day Floats and Walk-Wade trips. Please see below for our prices, deposit information and refund policies.
- Full Day Float or Walk Wade - $500 (Covers 1 or 2 anglers)
- Half Day Float or Walk Wade - $400 (Covers 1 or 2 anglers)
We ask for a 50% deposit when the trip is booked. If canceled before 30 days prior to the trip, the deposit will be refunded in full. If canceled within 30 days of the scheduled trip date, the deposit will not be refunded. If canceled within 7 days of the trip date, the full price of the trip is due.
About FWO Fishing Guides
FishWater Outfitters offers many different types of guided fishing trips to many rivers throughout Montana. All of our trips will be tailored to meet your needs and goals. We cater our trips to everyone from the beginner fly fisher to the advanced and seasoned angler, and we look forward to making your fishing goals a reality. We fish predominately from a Clackacraft Drift Boat, which provides a very comfortable and effective way to pursue trout on the fly. Floating along one of Montana’s beautiful rivers and gazing at the spectacular mountains in the distance can be a very enjoyable way to spend the day, even if the fishing is tough!
Full Day Floats
Our full day floats are generally a 7-9 hour day, departing in the morning from a pre-arranged meeting place. We provide transportation to and from Ennis or our previously arranged meeting place. We also provide casting instruction prior to the float and throughout the day. Non-alcoholic beverages and a shore lunch will be provided during the trip. We do ask that you purchase a fishing license through the State of Montana FWP. Please purchase the license online or in any of the area's many fly shops before the trip.
Half Day Floats
Our half day floats are generally a 3-5 hour trip beginning in the morning, afternoon or evening depending on weather and fishing opportunities. FishWater Outfitters will provide non-alcoholic beverages and snacks throughout the trip.
Walk-Wade Fishing Trips
Our walk-wade option is offered in a full day or half day trip. We will provide all of the amenities noted above for the trip.
Below is a brief list of equipment that you should consider before your trip with us. If there is anything that you do not have, don’t worry. All of our Ennis, MT fishing guides will have the appropriate rods and reels for you to borrow if needed. Our guides will also have thousands of fly patterns and will be more than happy to dive into their boxes to make sure you have what you need. We do ask that you purchase a Montana Fishing License prior to your trip.
- Rods. A 9’ 5 or 6-weight fly rod will work perfectly. In some circumstances, a 9’ 4 or 7 weight might be more appropriate due to the wind or fly selection.
- Reels. A 5 or 6-weight reel with the same weight floating line will work great.
- Leaders. This can vary greatly depending on the time of year and style of fishing, but an assortment of 7’ to 9’ in length and anywhere from 0x to 5x will work. Our guides will know exactly what is needed for the day of your trip.
- Waders and wading boots
- Rainwear & warm clothing for layers. The weather can change very rapidly in Montana during the summer, so it is always a good idea to be prepared. There is plenty of dry storage areas inside the drift boat. You can find the best gear for foul weather from https://www.simmsfishing.com
- Polarized Sunglasses are very important for seeing the water and watching the fish eat your dry fly! There are many good companies out there, but I personally use http://www.smithoptics.com/us/
- Montana Fishing License
If you have any further questions or are ready to schedule your trip, get in touch today!